Our involvement with the community flows from our WDS Values.
Respect - We promote a culture of respect for our clients, employees, partners and the community by:
- Behaving ethically and taking responsibility for our actions
- Valuing all people and their opinions
Environment - We are committed to excellence in all that we do by:
- Completing projects to the satisfaction of our clients and the benefit of all stakeholders
- Taking pride in our work
WDS has a genuine regard for the interests of the community generally and more specifically, the communities in which we operate. Being a good corporate citizen and supporting the community is a major part of the WDS way of doing things. A strong and healthy relationship with local communities is part of our success. This is particularly important in the many remote areas in which we operate.
WDS provides community support in a number of ways including:
- Managing all operations in a safe and responsible manner
- Eliminating or minimising any potential adverse impacts on neighbours
- Maintaining regular communication with neighbours, communities and local authorities
- Engaging with indigenous communities and providing indigenous employment programs
- Providing donations and sponsorships that further our contribution to local communities
- Supporting local community events and enterprises, projects, local charities and schools